roger chillingworth quotes
The problem with political jokes is they get elected. ~Henry Cate
If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast. ~William Tecumseh Sherman
Visits always give pleasure - if not the arrival, the departure. ~Portuguese Proverb
A dream which is not interpreted is like a letter which is not read. ~The Talmud
Ability is of little account without opportunity. ~Napoleon
The wind shows us how close to the edge we are. ~Joan Didion
Terms like that, "Humane Society," are devised with people like me in mind, who don't care to dwell on what happens to the innocent. ~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams
There is no such thing as bravery; only degrees of fear. ~John Wainwright
Programmer - an organism that turns coffee into software. ~Author Unknown
Why is it that we rejoice at a birth and grieve at a funeral? Is it because we are not the person involved? ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson, 1894
The subject of gambling is all encompassing. It combines man's natural play instinct with his desire to know about his fate and his future. ~Franz Rosenthal, Gambling in Islam, 1975
I have laboriously collected this cento out of diverse writers. I have wronged no authors but given every man his own.... Bees do little harm and damage no one in extracting honey; I can say of myself, whom have I injured? The matter is theirs most part, and yet mine.... it becomes something different in its new setting. ~Robert Burton, Anatomy of Melancholy
Being good is commendable, but only when it is combined with doing good is it useful. ~Author Unknown
If the whole world were put into one scale, and my mother in the other, the whole world would kick the beam. ~Lord Langdale (Henry Bickersteth)
If you search the world for happiness, you may find it in the end, for the world is round and will lead you back to your door. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
The fascination of shooting as a sport depends almost wholly on whether you are at the right or wrong end of a gun. ~P.G. Wodehouse
To weep is to make less the depth of grief. ~William Shakespeare, King Henry the Sixth
Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while. ~Author Unknown
In spite of all our speeding it's still the style to be late. ~Kin Hubbard
Though boys throw stones at frogs in sport, the frogs do not die in sport, but in earnest. ~Bion, "Water and Land Animals," Plutarch
No comments:
Post a Comment