.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location





Saturday, March 26, 2011

Flower Pillows

Ok... how cute are these?!


These Fleece Flower Petal Pillows were created by Laura at Come Together Kids.

The second I saw this I was planning my trip to the fabric store.  Lucky me, Joann's had their fleece at 50% off.  It was meant to be.

I love that she shares instructions for the non-sewer as well.  This could easily be done with scissors and a hot glue gun.  I followed her great instructions for the first pillow I made.  Of course, I gave that away to a special little girl before I could snag a photo of it... but trust me... it looks very similar to those above.

The second pillow I decided to try some changes.

Instead of sewing the two circles of fleece together, I cut an extra 5" strip to sew in-between the two.
This gave a flat (er) top to place the petals.

I left my seams on the outside, and using pinking sheers to finish the edges.

I found a nicer result when I overlapped my petals a bit.
I didn't do this on the first (outer row), but did with the rest.

And the petals are finished!

I loved how Laura used the two shades of yellow for the middle.
Ok... guess one is more orange... but I love the look!

Since I shaped my pillow differently, I had to come up with another way to attach the leaves.

I added hot glue to the bottom corner of each, and glued them to the side.
I liked how they flopped open at the edge, but still looked nice it they were flipped up (as I am holding it).

My finished pillow.

And here it is on Charlotte's bed (top bunk).  She loves it.
Now I need to make a pink one for Tatum.

Thanks Laura for a great tutorial!  Be sure to stop by and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment